ARC are proud and excited to present the Northern Choir Fest 2023 as part of the City of Darebin FUSE Spring Festival
Sunday 10th September
Darebin Arts Centre, 401 Bell Street, Preston
Participation in this full-day event is FREE for members of registered choirs (registration form at the botttom of this page)
Welcome and check-in 10:30
Workshop with Ginger &Tonic 11-12:30
Lunch (food van / coffee available on site)
Pop-up performances throughout the day
Choral showcase concert 2:30pm
Registered choirs* may choose to participate in all or parts of the festival, but as places will be limited, priority will be given to those based in the City of Darebin, and those that wish to participate in the workshop and showcase concert.
*If you are an individual not currently a member of any choir, you may join our adult choir ARCappella in order to participate in the workshop and festival. Register via our membership page. An annual membership fee is payable.
- The workshop: Ginger & Tonic will lead participating choirs in a range of vocal warm ups, techniques and together learn & perform Don’t You Worry (By Electric Fields, arranged by Jane Patterson, Ginger And Tonic). All registered choirs will receive licensed copies of this music (either SSAA or SSAB) prior to the event and supporting online resources.
- This workshop is free for currently registered members of community or school choirs. Registration will be done in bulk for individuals by their choir managers. Strictly no individual registrations!
- Lunch, warm-up space, sound-checks and pop-up performances: During the lunch break, each choir will be allocated a space for warm up. Each choir performing in the showcase will be allocated time for a sound check in the theatre. During this time, choirs who wish to do a mini pop-up performance will be allocated space.
- Choral showcase: The performance time offered to each choir for the show case will depend on the final numbers of choirs participating. However, we are currently planning for a 15-20 minute set per choir.
- The afternoon Northern Choir Fest Showcase will be open to members of the public and as a ticketed event. Choir participants are encouraged to invite family and friends. Our Charity partner for this event is the Olivia Newton John-Cancer Wellness Centre (ONJCWC) – a percentage from every ticket sold will be donated to the ONJCWC.
Ginger & Tonic
Specialising in original songs as well as impertinent parodies, a cappella girl group Ginger and Tonic rely solely on their voices to create their unique sound. Together Laura Burzacott, Rebecca Moore and Stephanie John and Jane Patterson have their audiences transfixed with their superb harmonies and palpable chemistry.
Since forming in 2010, Ginger and Tonic have performed as a headline act at the Festival of Voices in Hobart, toured to Germany to perform at the International A Cappella Festival in Leipzig, and in 2012 won first place at SingFest – Australia’s leading a cappella festival and competition. They have performed at festivals around Australia including Port Fairy Folk Festival, Melbourne International Comedy Festival, Perth’s FringeWorld, Adelaide Fringe, Melbourne Cabaret Festival and Queenscliff Music Festival. Their cabaret show Desperate and Dateless earned them a Green Room Award for Best Musical Direction in 2015. Their 2017 cabaret show, For Love or Money, received five-star reviews and was toured around the country. Ginger and Tonic debuted two brand new shows to sell-out houses at the beginning of 2018; Gays of Our Lives, and Australian Treasures & Guilty Pleasures.
In addition to their stage shows, Ginger and Tonic regularly perform at various corporate and charity events as well as weddings and parties. They’ve also made an impact with their school and community singing workshops
Register your choir – registrations close on Friday 28th July 2023
If you would like to discuss this further or have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0434 356 688